While these are the most common causes, there are two main factors that lead to diabetes. One is when pancreas produces insufficient insulin or do not produce insulin at all and second one is the inability of the body to use insulin properly. As we mentioned earlier, there are three types of diabetes so the causes for all three of them vary.
Causes of Type 1 diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes is caused when your immune system destroys the cells that are produced in pancreas to make insulin. This leads to insulin insufficiency, needed by the body to function normally. This reason is called as autoimmune reaction, as the body attacks itself.
Some triggers that may be involved in this are:
- Chemical toxins in foods items.
- Infection (viral or bacterial).
- Unidentified component causing autoimmune reaction.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes:
The reason behind type 2 diabetes is mostly family history. Though there are a variety of other factors causing type 2 diabetes, some of them are:
Causes for Gestational diabetes:
The cause for this type of diabetes is still unknown. However, there are a plenty of risk factors including:
-Polycystic ovary syndrome
-The baby is overweight
Apart from all these reasons, there can be many others which can cause diabetes. Some of them are listed below:
- Insulin resistance
- Cushing’s syndrome: This syndrome increases cortisol hormones which lead to increased blood sugar levels. So, an abundance of cortisol hormone can cause diabetes.
- Steroid diabetes: It’s a rare form of diabetes which occurs due to prolonged use of glucocorticoid therapy.
Post a Comment